Monday, October 20, 2008

....

today was my first day working at tar-jayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! lol you know one moment i was like i am not going to tell anybody where i work or how much i make things like that. but then i asked myself WHY??? because i thought people would think less of me, people would complain about my life and tell me that i SHOULD be working somewhere else so on and so on since i have a masters degree blah blah blah...

but you know...i think this is a great first job coming out of what i have been through the last few months. and i like my job. they make it so much fun to want to work there and they thank you every morning for coming to work because you can work anywhere else....plus i get a discount! lol so for now its cool...but i am really hoping and praying i get this job i interviewed for a few days ago. (PRAY!!!!)

speaking of people and their opinions....

this saturday i had the great opp of visiting some future in laws because my sister and her boo and my goddaughter flew up to his moms house from atlanta and we all drove up to visit them in northern va. well some of us are sitting around the table just talking and lil sis brings up my name change i think. and so somebody says why do you want to change your name to that and i explain what it means. then this girl who used to be my roommate but werent close, she says all hard "

"your name is your name you shouldnt change it. that just doesnt make sense."

im thinking...mean and bad.

like how are you going to go hard on me about changing my name? you dont have a right. so i explained really politely how ntozake changed her name and how she was depressed in the past and how i went through the same thing. and old girl aint have NOTHING to say.

then later on we are watching the music channels and sade came on and the fact ran across the screen that sade was born another name and i said see...sade changed her name.

and here go old girl..."we'll that is just her stage name! i mean gosh your name is your name"

and i thought,

THE WORLD IS MY STAGE....

not feeling too good. starting to feel like a cold so i am going to bed. write later or maybe in the morning because i work late tomorrow.

No comments: