Thursday, October 2, 2008

greeting cards/me myself and i

today i passed by the greeting card aisles and thought id take a look...

then i found this really beautiful card with glitter and beautiful designs on the front and it said

"keep smiling"

then on the inside it read:

"have a beautiful day (no matter what else is going on around you).

and i thought man i wish i would get this card in the mail....then i realized, i am not going to wait on people to encourage me when i can encourage myself...

SO i brought the card for MYSELF!

and i wrote a message to myself inside of it.

"we are going to have a fabulous life as J.A." (J.A. are the intitals to my new name i am changing to)

love,

me.

i got me myself and i. while it is sad that others dont send cards and encouragement (especially when i have said numerous times how much i LOVE cards and ecards, and people have seen them all over my house so you should have picked up on how much i love cards), and it is sad that i have to do it for myself, it is also empowering that i CAN do it for myself...that i can look within and stand on my own two feet and not hope and wish and wait on others because ultimately they are not the source of my happiness and at the end of the day being happy is up to me and God working together to develop that environment in my head so that it spills over into my life...

i told my mom i brought myself a card because others wont. and she said "how do you know they wont do it for you?" and i told her "because they havent." she said, "not in your time focus on Gods time"

now i am trusting in God for many things, but im sorry because that is a poor excuse relating to a simple greeting card...that is a poor excuse for peoples behavior. we have to live for TODAY!!! we cant put things off that relate to the heart, to family, to wholeness, to healing for tomorrow, because what if a part of tomorrow never surfaces? what if you dont get the chance tomorrow to encourage that one person you thought about today? do that one thing you knew would help someone else or even help yourself? we have to ACT TODAY while we still have the chance.

WILL YOU ACT TODAY?

No comments: